|Full Name||Raqivou Tardé Rilla|
|Nicknames/Aliases||Shady, Shade, Shade-Man|
|Date of Birth||3/15/1983|
|Species||Mutant Gorilla (formerly Human)|
|Birthplace||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Abilities||Basic karate, swordsmanship, powerful flatulence|
|First Appearance||Stone Smash|
|Voice Actors||Steven W. Hunt|
Shady is the stage name of Raqivou Rilla, the mascot of CC & SH and an anthropomorphic simian. Many details about Shady have changed over the years, but the basics remain consistent.
Shady was created by Carson Curley and Steven Hunt in 1993. He was described by the pair as a "retarded, mutated gorilla" who was also a rap superstar. Shady was designed to be a mascot for their (unpublished) book series, Sights & Frights and Spook Ave. - based on R.L. Stine's Goosebumps and Fear Street series, respectively. No real back-story was given for Shady, other than the fact that he loved beef jerky. "Songs" rapped by Shady included Lightning in the Sky and Cab Ride.
Shady's modern appearance is primarily seen in Hunt's online comic Doujin Nation. Shady appears in the comic strip Shady Comix, which is drawn as if Shady himself were the artist. In the strips, Shady lives with his girlfriend, Chiquita, who is from a sheltered island nation and does not know much about the modern world. Shady is confirmed to have once been human, although the catalyst to his transformation to an ape has not been clarified.
Shady game seriesEdit
The Shady series is a collective of many games in which Shady is the star. A subseries of this is Shady's Poopong.
- Shady's Poopong
- Shady's Stone Smash
- Shady's Poopong: 20th Anniversary Edition
- Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition
- 10 Cent Classics: Shady Pack
- Shady's Circus
Being the mascot of CC & SH, Shady makes cameo appearances in many of their works.
- Shady appears in the background of the bonus round of Stone Smash.
- In Doujin Nation #1's Chousenshi Densetsu Battle One: Revelation, a picture of Shady appears on the wall of Dino's Juice Bar. There is also a box of "Shady Loops" cereal in The S's house.
- In the PC game Chousenshi Densetsu: Dynastie Rising, the player can access a mini-game in the game store "Gamin' Fools" called Shady's Poopong. The game functions much like Pong, but has feces as the paddles and Shady's head as the ball. Shady's Poopong was released as its own game, as well. Also, Trina Baylock asks for a copy of a video game called Shady's Rap Session.
- Shady makes a cameo appearance in the fighting game Skullgirls by Lab Zero Games. He shows up in the background of the Glass Canopy stage, wearing formal clothing.
- Shady's head is the bonus item in level 3 of Chomperman (2006 game).
- Shady is on a tile in the CC & SH set in Tilearade.
Shady is a playable character in the following crossover games: