Players control Ping! with the arrow keys. Once he starts moving in a direction, he cannot be stopped until another direction is pressed. The space bar drops "Coin Bombs", which are small traps that can defeat enemies. Players can collect diamonds to receive points.
The idea for Ping! was developed after Steven Hunt had read an article detailing that a Jaguar game called "Pong 2000" was supposed to be in development, where Pong was an anthropomorphic ball in a platforming environment to save his girlfriend. After the game apparently had not been released, he took the idea and went forward with it. Initially there was supposed to be a "prequel" game called Ping (without the exclamation point), where players knocked the character between two Boxx Soldier paddles, like Pong. Ping was scrapped after development on Shady's Poopong began.
- Boxx Soldier (First Appearance)
- Drop Boxx (First Appearance)
- Boxx Lancer (First Appearance)
- Bro Boxx (First Appearance)
- Boxx Wizard (First Appearance)
- Xxombie (First Appearance)
- Bloxx (First Appearance)
- Square Admiral (First Appearance)
- Boxx Golem (First Appearance)
- Boxx King (First Appearance)
Ping! was released in mid 2005 as a downloadable title for PC. It was later included on the disc release "CC & SH Smash Hits" in 2006.